Monday 3 October 2011

Art for all occasions by Ali Corder



I'm a recent graduate from a fine art degree at Spike Island in Bristol.
My style is eclectic with a touch of vintage and usually a smidgen of dark humour.
My work is mainly illustrative, but I like to illustrate an idea, so it always holds a story.




Having said this, in the last few years I have constructed a modern day freak show and a modern day
Punch and Judy show. I love mixing the past and present, it gives a real reflection as to how the world has changed.
I also take inspiration from parlour games, old wives tales and the proverbial wisdom of the superstition.
A lot can be learned from the stories we pass from generation to generation.


I have had many exhibitions over my time as a student, particularly around Stroud and Bristol but have recently started selling prints and cards and novelty gifts. I sell online at notonthehighstreet and Brighton Pod and at M.A.D.E (makers and designers emporium) in Cirencester and now the lovely Bylocal in my home town of Cheltenham!


I have a blog at http://alicorder.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment